Your privacy is important to us. Because SAM Directory, LLC (“SDL”) values its customers, we only collect the minimum amount of information necessary to serve our customers. SDL will collect no identifiable, personal information about you when you visit our website unless you voluntarily choose to provide that information by entering information in an online form, sending an email, participating in a contest or other promotion, or by performing an online service transaction.
a. Data Collection
If you do nothing during your visit but browse this website or download information, SDL may gather and store certain information
about your visit. Your internet browser software transmits most of this information to us automatically;
however, this information does not identify you personally.
We may collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet) from which you access the SDL website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the SDL website;
- The date and time you access the SDL website and the length of your visit;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents; and
- If you were referred to the SDL website from another website, SDL captures the address of the referring website.
SDL uses this information to make its website more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online “shopping cart” to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most individuals do not know that “cookies” are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a “cookie” on your computer.
c. Voluntary Personal Information Submission
If you choose to identify yourself by sending SDL an e-mail, registering for an SDL online account, participating in a contest
or other promotion, or by using online forms, some personal data may be collected; however, that data will
only be used for limited purposes. SDL may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information when participating
in certain activities, such as placing an order with SDL or participating in surveys, and contests or other
All of these activities are purely voluntary. You will always have the option of whether to perform the transaction and provide this information. Please understand, however, that in order to open a SDL account or perform an online service transaction, you will be required to provide some personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card number, which is necessary to complete a transaction.
If you choose to provide SDL with personal information, we may use that personal information to respond directly to a message sent by you or to process a transaction requested by you. SDL does not share personal information you give us with any other company and does not collect information for outside commercial marketing. It will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
d. Restrictions on Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
SDL will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. For example, SDL may, send information to a third party billing company, and it sends information for billing purposes only;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of SDL to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us); or
- We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process.
- SDL is committed to ensuring the integrity of the information and systems it maintains. As such, SDL has instituted security measures for all information systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused, or altered.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that our internet services remain available to all users, SDL uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
- Your SDL account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas, as with credit card transactions, SDL uses industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect data transmissions.
f. Links to Other Sites
g. Changes to this Policy
SDL may revise this policy from time to time without notice. If we make any substantial changes we may notify you by posting an announcement on our pages. This is a statement of policy and should not be interpreted as a contract of any kind.
h. Contact Information